Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Lake Carlsbad (In the Sunshine!) ☀️


Here is last nights sunset, and our window reflection.  I hope my friends and relatives aren't getting sick of these photos...with no rain.....and all sunshine....To tell you the truth, my friends and family are in our thoughts, however fleeting they may be...😉💙


Lucy and Ethel cannot wait until I open the door.  Even though they have lots of windows to look out of, they like being 'almost' outside with just the screen door between them and freedom.  Plus, there are a lot of dropped off cats that they like to watch, and also they are safe from all the dogs that walk by with their owners.




Today we went to Lake Carlsbad.  It is just a couple of miles from us and I don't think it is a lake.  It is the Pecos River and I don't think I have seen so many squirrels!



I think we saw maybe 3 people.  I wonder where everyone was?  Work?  School?  Who knows?  Where are all the retired people?  Where are all the lonely people?


Once again, just look at that blue sky!  Plus, I think there was a squirrel in one of those trees.



On the way home we stopped in a parking lot where a guy was selling all kinds of fresh fruit and vegetables.  Man, he had everything!  That sack of fresh tangerines was over 20 pounds!  And sweet!! (He let me try one before buying!) 4 fresh peppers, a big bag of walnuts and a bag of dried mango.  10 bucks!!!  And so fresh!!  I needed a red pepper for the stuff below:



Yep, that is what it looks like...fresh mango salsa.  Guess what we had for dinner?  And guess who was able to cook it outside in the sunshine?




Believe it or not, there is fish under all that salsa.  And you know what else?  Why didn't anyone tell me that you can buy fresh tortillas?  These tortillas were so fresh and good!!!  You can buy them right out of the store where they are making them right there!  In front of you!  Still warm!!  Who knew?????  I'm learning so much traveling! 😎



No comments:

Post a Comment