Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Tully Hates Flagstaff!

 


We've been out walking, since we knew we would be traveling tomorrow.  This is elk daddy that runs the park



Tully loves going for walks.  Well, lets say she loves going for walks but hates hiking!  I'll explain in a few....





The park is full of pine trees and brush.  We were fortunate enough to say we didn't want to be around trees since our satellite dish is on top of our home.  No problem!



Flagstaff has some awesome sunsets too!  I love the reflection off our home.




The photos do not do the sunsets justice!




The park has some trails in the back for people and animals to go hiking.  (Look at that blue sky!). It got up to 61 degrees today, so it was just right for hiking.  Well, until Tully stuck her nose under a rock where there was a small cave.  Something bit her and she screamed.  I picked her up and we ran back home.  She was crying, but as of yet, nothing is swollen.  I wrapped her up in her blanket, but I needed to go back to see what bit her in case she needed to go to the vet.  While Road Hog stayed with Tully, I took my flashlight and phone to go see what I could find.  I was so hoping that it wasn't a snake, or a scorpion.  Road Hog was looking right away for a big stick to stick under the rock....oh Lordy...I said no, we have to get home!  I can imagine taking Road Hog to the hospital after being bit by something!



Here is what I found.  I saw something yellow under the rock, and it was moving.  I thought it was a black and yellow little snake.  Then I turned on my video...






So, it was a hornet.  Tully has been stung before, and I remember her face being all swollen.  But so far so good.





I did ice her little nose, and she is wrapped up in her blanket since she has the chihuahua shakes.  She did eat a bone, but I will keep my eyes on her to see if she has any kind of reaction.  Poor thing.  Before she was a year old, a honey bee stung her....she had found it in the grass where the clover was growing.  She came out of that fine.

We are leaving in the morning to Casa Grande for five days.  Its about a 3 hour drive, so it shouldn't be too bad.







No comments:

Post a Comment