Monday, November 15, 2021

Welcome to Willcox Az!

 


After a couple of hours, we made it to Willcox.  We left around 10 am and made it here about 12:30.  The drive wasn't too bad, but kind of busy going into Tucson.  I can't believe how bad the roads are!

There are a lot of cotton fields.



And for 30 miles all we see are huge signs about the THING?  What is it?  An alien or a monster?  It is the mystery of the desert....





Here is how close the signs were.  One up front, then the other down the road a bit.  Did we stop?  No.  If we did then it wouldn't be a mystery any more!!




We did pass a couple of cool rock formations.  Huge boulders.




Here we are, Grande Vista RV Park.  Not a whole lot here.  Plus, they only had 30 amp service instead of our 50.  The guy apologized and even told us that we could go down to the KOA park down the road, and give us our money back.  But we told him we would try it.  So far so good.


I've been hearing about the floods up in Skagit County.  I can't believe all the rain that Washington is having.  It kind of makes me feel guilty, being here in the sunshine and all.  But then again, I did my time!  I'm still thinking about my family and friends during these times, but so grateful that I'm not there!  Bring on the sunshine! 😎






No comments:

Post a Comment