Thursday, December 2, 2021

Next Stop....Aunt Jackies!!!

 


Tonight is our last night in Carlsbad!  What a nice time we had!  I got a haircut, then afterwards we went to the old city hall.  The old city hall is now Lucky Bull Grill.  If you are ever in Carlsbad, NM, you NEED to stop here and have a bite!  This was definitely one of our top meals!!!!



Do you know when you park a block away and you can smell the smokiness in the air?  And with that smell, you can smell other things?  Like steak, chicken and on and on... Oh my gosh!



For my dinner tonight, I selected fish and chips.  This is my first fish and chips being on the road....no, that's not right.  This is my first CAT fish and chips!  With hushpuppies!  The best catfish I have ever had!!




Road Hog had Jamaican chicken, rice, coleslaw, and his first grits with green chilis.  The heat kind of sneaks up on you, but man, delish!!!




Then, as we were leaving the restaurant, I saw this on the back of a building.  Hello Dad!  (Bennie was his other name.)



After that, we stopped to top off the diesel in the truck and well hello Murphy!  Murphy is my grandson and he has a loose tooth!!  His first one!  If he sends me a photo of his tooth being gone, I will put it right here!  So stay tuned!!

Tomorrow we are off to a place called Gardendale, TX.  And guess who lives right down the road in Odessa?  My Aunt Jackie!  We saw her this past summer when she was visiting in Anacortes, but we weren't able to spend a whole lot of time with her.  She is my dads older sister, and she reminds me a lot of him.  I will also be able to visit my cousins!!  We will be in Gardendale for a week, then it is on to Brownwood, TX for just a few days.  After that, it is Caldwell, TX, for 4 days, then on to winter in Livingston, Texas!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment