Friday, November 5, 2021

Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park

Well, here we are!  We went to the Coral Pink Sand Dunes!

 

We picked a beautiful day to visit the dunes!  There wasn't very many people there, and there were also lots of camping areas that were empty.

The sand is unlike any other that I have ever seen.  It is a 'fine' sand....almost like a powder.  It was still hard to walk through.



There were plenty of places to pull over and walk, or take photos.



Some people came with their snow sand boards.  They would climb that hill and board down.


I thought a lot of the sand was brown, but I guess in the bright sun, with the sun burning your eyeballs, you could say that the sand was pink.  That or it was the blood from your eyeballs bleeding...



Next to the park area was BLM!  Free camping!!  BLM stands for Bureau of Land Management.  I'm not too sure how long you can camp, I am thinking 2 weeks.  The rules are that you take out what you take in and leave the area like you found it.  There is so much of BLM in all the states that I can't wait to try it.  Mind you, you might have a wild animal wander in to your camp....like this animal below....


How awesome is it that we found a couple of cows?  Going in and out of BLM there are cattle guards, probably because they don't want cattle going into the park.  I think it would be fun camping out with all the cattle...


This is last nights sunset.  I'm not sure what planet that is...


No comments:

Post a Comment