Friday, November 26, 2021

Carlsbad NM

 



This is a photo that I took yesterday.  Can you tell we had a couple of clouds?  We even had a little rain.  Probably not as much as Washington though.  (No, I am not laughing....)



We got on the road at 9 am.  It doesn't take us too long to pack up and leave.  We each have our own jobs to do.  One of the last things that I do is put each cat into its carrier and take them to the truck.  Then the slides come in and we hook up.  Easy peasy.




I had warned Road Hog about moving on Black Friday!  But it doesn't look like anyone is using our roads to go shopping.



We pretty much were traffic free, until we got closer to Carlsbad.

I think my Aunt Jackie and Uncle Mo brought me and my sister, and my cousins to the caverns here in Carlsbad.  I don't think I want to do that again.  I'll visit the place but I don't think I want to go down inside.  No thanks.  Once in a life time is enough...





We eventually left the mountains and got down to some flat country.  And as you can tell, Black Friday traffic...oh, and look at that blue sky...


It didn't get above 65 degrees so we were pretty comfortable driving in the sunshine listening to some tunes.  We have Sirius XM so that is what has saved us.  We can listen to talk radio or sing along to our favorites!  (You really don't want to be around to hear that!)




Now this is looking more like Texas!  We found some oil rigs.




Here we are, at Carlsbad RV Park and Camp Ground.  As of yet, I haven't heard a train, and I don't hear any traffic.  I think this place just might work.



Since we didn't take anything out of the freezer for dinner, Road Hog drove up to a store to get some ice and other things.  This here is our set up.  Hardly any grass for Tully, but that is fine since there is a dog park right down a couple of spaces from us.  We will be here for a week!!






No comments:

Post a Comment