Monday, November 22, 2021

The Going On's.....

 


Well, here I am again.  (Isn't this a cute photo of Tully?  Look at her two back legs...😘). 

I was so sick yesterday with that stupid vertigo.  It is so tough to have that happen and living in a house that kind of moves when you move doesn't help!  I did the Epley and or the Semont maneuvers and I tell you, I couldn't walk a straight line afterwards.  I took 1 1/2 hour nap, and then I started to feel a bit better.  What a pain in the butt this vertigo is.


Anyway, we have met some friends, Tim and Jane, and their pup Sophie.  We took a walk over to the cemetery today so I got some photos.  What a dry place!  You could tell though, that once it rains, it kind of messes up these graves.  My auntie told me today that this is where my great grandpa lived.  I looked for any of my grandma's maiden name but couldn't find it here at this cemetery.

The first grave is Catherine Antrim.  This was Billy the Kid's mom.

I wonder if this is where his mom grew up and lived?  The dates on her stone was 1829 - 1874.  She was 45 when she died.



I took a photo of this stone because of the name.  We all know the Storrer's up in Washington....



He was only a working man, poor and old, who traveled far in his search for gold.  


This stone had like a family tree....childred of Roscoe and Nora Atwater.  I think I counted 12 kids.  The two youngest are still alive.



This guy died young!  He was aged 20 years, 27 days.



He was also killed by the Indians, name John M. Bullard, died Feb. 23rd. 1871.  20 years old!  And the town founder!




This guy, Thomas J Wood was born 6-14-1847.  He was a lawman, Indian fighter, rancher, and died with 14 notches on his gun.  I would love to see his gun! With all that he dealt with, he died pretty old at age 78.  That, I think, is considered pretty old for being back in the olden days!



Our new found friends, Tim, Jane and Sophie walked with us around the cemetery. 




You could barely see this grave.  Look at all the stuffed animals!  NOTE:  If you are Jane's family, please do not treat her grave like this!  (Or ours!). These stuffed animals have been out in the weather and were just pretty gross.




Here is the crew.  This is Frank and his wife Teri, Jane and her husband Tim.  Frank and Teri have a Grand Design Reflection and their pet of choice is a kitty.



This is Sophie, Tim and Jane's pup!  Tully doesn't mind her at all.  They did pretty good being together today.



Dwayne, Tim and Jane are the couple that we told you about.  They have the Paradigm.  A beautiful one at that!  I'm not sure if it is the same model, but they have the front room in the front, kitchen in the middle and bedroom in back.  Two bathrooms, which I think you said you had.  And in the back, on the outside, is a huge pullout that comes out from under the master bedroom and bath.  Now that Road Hog has seen this home, guess what he wants now?  Oh Lordy....

We are leaving in the morning and traveling to Alamogordo, NM for a couple of days.  And I am so sure that we will meet up with the crew in the future!  It sure would be nice if the other crew members would start a blog so we can follow each other!  😀




1 comment:

  1. we have the FB 370. If you go to the Alliance website you can see our floor plan. Ours is set up like yours from the living room to the stairs with the exception we have a half bath before the stairs. When you go up the stairs you enter our bedroom and then going towards the front you enter the large bath with a nice walk in closet at the front! We absoluty love this floor plan and the size of the different areas!

    ReplyDelete