Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Gallup New Mexico! And Back To Amarillo!!

 


We have left Santa Rosa.  We had some high winds yesterday!  The highest that I got was 32 mph but the news said we had up to 50.  I am so sick of this wind!  We left this morning at 8:45 am and 37 degrees.  I don't mind the cold weather, but make the wind stop!







Leaving Santa Rosa, we had snow, hail and then rain.  The video is of the country, and if you want to hear a little country, turn your volume up!  We went from 37 degrees, up to 53, back down to 38, up to 40.  When we finally got in to Gallup, it was a chilly 54 degrees.  Turned the fireplace on first thing!



Going through Albuquerque....such a pretty city!  We didn't have a lot of traffic, but we were caught in a couple of truck convoys!  So many truckers out there.  Thanks to all of them!!!




We had about an hour to go when Tully said that she needed to use the little girls room.  Thank goodness we travel with one!



God Bless America!



Now, back in Amarillo....I wanted to add a couple of more photos.  This flag above is for the Police in Amarillo.  It is a monument of the police who lost their lives on duty, and for the officers that have completed the challenge.  It is located in the same Cemetery where Papa is buried.  Papa died of a heart attack, while off duty, so he is considered completed the challenge.



His name is where I put the arrow.  My sister noticed that Emery was spelled wrong.  Oh well.  Emery - Emory.  Potato - Potatoe. 




Nathan was one of my grandma's brothers. 





Now this little girl was 6 years old when she died.  She was shot in the face.  The only people that were home at the time was her 10 year brother, and the babysitter.  I don't know the whole story but from what I was told, there was nobody arrested.  6 years old.  So sad.




And I guess Eugene and Grace was the grandparents of Sara.  Maybe Diane can chime in and explain the story.  I don't know what the relation Eugene is to my grandma.  Maybe Diane will know that too.


No comments:

Post a Comment