Saturday, March 5, 2022

Finally! The Weekend !!!

 


It doesn't really matter to us if it is the weekend or not.  One day kind of blends into the next so...I just have to look either at my watch or phone a couple of times a day to figure out just what day we are in.

We wanted to go to old town Helotes today and do some exploring.  Above is the beautiful rock church that we parked at.  We didn't know it at the time but there was something going on in old town Helotes and there were a lot of vendors, and a live band.




Hundreds and hundreds of people, and dogs!  We had left Tully at home because we were planning on eating at a restaurant for lunch/dinner.








We have to remind ourselves that since our home is so small, be careful in what you buy!




The plants in old town are beautiful and huge!




The restaurant that we wanted to try was so busy!  People were parking out in the street, so we kept going.  We decided to drive in to Bandera where we had seen a popular Mexican Restaurant, but I found out that they closed at noon.  So, we stopped at the next one we saw and it was a good choice.




This place used seasonings!  It was so good!  Road Hog had breakfast and I had enchiladas with chicken.




The spices were all on point.  The rice and beans were good.  We have had better, but it was better than what we had last week. 




Lets talk about my birds.  I have to take at least 2 to 3 photos of my birds to make sure I get a good photo.  Here is one I took this morning and since it was so close to my window, I didn't have much time to think about what I had to do in order to take a good photo.  It was my second photo and the black area above the bird is my shade on my window that I didn't move because I knew the bird would see that movement and fly away.  So, I was in a hurry.  The above photo was my second photo.  Would you like to see my first one?




Enough said?  Yes, that is Ethel Louise.  I didn't even know she was there until I started looking at my pictures.  Silly kitty!  Photo bomber!



No comments:

Post a Comment