Thursday, September 1, 2022

Yesterday’s Museums in Deer Lodge

 


This is the last photo of the prison.  I have so many more but I’m not sure everyone is interested in seeing them.  Next to the prison there is an old car museum.  



If you click on the photo, you will see that this is a 1931 Ford Model A and the list price was $435.  You will also read that the model A replaced the model T.  Go on….click on the photo and read about it!



Another Model A - 1931.  But a closed cab pick up!  How cool is this?



Here is a 1929 Ford Model A Station Wagon.



Next up is a 1930 Desoto Delux.  List price was $995.




I think this truck could be my favorite.  A 1949 Chevrolet Pickup.  Even though I love Fords, I could easily love this Chevy!




Here is something I have never seen. A pop up trailer from 1933.  (Gene and Aune - I know your first trailer was a pop up.  Was it like this? 😂 Just kidding!)



The pop up was a big $295!  Wow!  Now most of you will remember all of these cars and such, but I wasn’t around in those days.  (Sorry….just another jab!)


We went into the next museum of Old West and World War II.  Such awesome things inside! 




The guns were great!  Some from the early 1800’s!  The ones above were called suicide specials.  They only sold for $1.50 to $2.  People who used them would say they never knew when they were going to blow up, nearly causing the user to commit suicide.



God created man, but Colt made them equal.  



The top is a colt dragon, then a Colt 1851 Navy, Colt 1860 Army and the last is a Colt 1861 Navy.



Now I know this is only a pool table, but this puppy is old!  Look at the square frame in the middle with those old balls. This collection was awesome to look at….almost as good as the guns!



There were quite a few of Law Enforcement collections. These were probably my favorite.  All the old hand cuffs, brass knuckles, bullets, leg irons…1849 - 1880’s….my years!




Now I normally wouldn’t show something like this but it is so old, and I am hoping that the animal either died of old age or it fed a family during the cold winter.  Note the legs on this table.  Moose legs.  Either way…poor thing. And no…I wouldn’t have this in my house.  



This here is a pony saddle.  It is from the 1950’s.  



Yes, it was Roy Rogers.  And no, I still wasn’t around. 😂




Now, back home!  Here is Ethel Louise sitting in a box.  And when she isn’t sitting in a box…..


She is sitting in the sun with sister Lucy.

We are leaving in the morning to Old West RV park in Reed Point Montana.  We have really enjoyed our time here, especially the cold nights at 45 degrees.











No comments:

Post a Comment