Sunday, September 4, 2022

Running Of The Sheep!

 

Look what Tully and I found!  We found where the sheep are hidden!  We found them Saturday, so we visited with them knowing that they had a job to do Sunday afternoon.


The festivities started about 10 Sunday morning.  We didn’t realize at the time that we made reservations that Sunday was one of the biggest days for the state of Montana!  Thousands and thousands of people were here! And it seemed to me, everyone had a dog or two!  



We had so much fun!  There were lots of booths selling whatever you wanted.



One older couple had an old building opened up and everything was free! This store was not only huge, but it was stuffed with you name it, he had it. And it had an awesome tin ceiling!



I think my dad had one of these fryers back in the day!  No, I didn’t take anything…I live in a trailer…


There were so many ranchers in town.




With their furry little animals.


Like I said, thousands of people.  I was carrying Tully most of the time and I got stopped every few minutes because people wanted to talk to Tully.  We met so many nice people! And Tully met so many dogs! 



I did buy a wall hanging for my hall wall.  I have been looking for something and I found a lady that does quilts.



I think she did a great job on it and now I have something to remind us of Montana and the sheep run!



Road Hog tried a tri-tip wrap from this place.  He said it was the best that he has ever had.  The smells from the barbecue was all over town.



There was also an auction.  Since it was 99 degrees, we didn’t stay too long for that.



We were only a couple of steps away from the festivities, but on the same street as the sheep run.  Here they come…



This is the beginning….they ran through town and they were supposed to come back the same way that they left….



But, on the way back, they took a detour and went through the RV park! It was hilarious!!  
People that we talked to had planned all year for this.  And we just got to be so lucky to be here just out of the blue.  Having this sheep run and having all the vender’s here will supply the town with enough money to go another year. 



No comments:

Post a Comment