Saturday, September 10, 2022

A Great Day!

 

Guess where we went today?  I have always wanted to visit Mount Rushmore.  And as impressive as Mount Rushmore was, I was so disappointed!

I mean, look at those faces! These are some of our presidents faces!



And then below the faces, there are the flags…from each state.  Nothing says US of A right here.  This is America in this one photo!  But do you want to know what was so disappointing?  We didn’t talk to one person.  There wasn’t anyone to talk to.  Even getting the ticket to come in was done by machine.  5 bucks total for us and I think we over paid.  We went into the gift shop to pick up a little something and do you know what? EVERYTHING WAS MADE IN CHINA!!!  Here we are, at a great AMERICAN landmark, and they are selling Chinese crap! I don’t know about you, but after the last three years, I’m pretty sick of China.  Where in the hell is Made in the USA?!  China is not getting any more of my money.  I wished more people felt this way.  Can everybody just stop buying shit from china??! Look at the tags! We have to quit depending on them for everything! USA is so much better!




Ok, I am off my soap box…for now!  Click on the photo to read the names of the Rushmore workers.  This is a pretty cool recognition plaque.  1927 - 1941.


As we were leaving, I caught the side of George Washington’s face.  Can you see it?



Next up was Crazy Horse.  This monument was so much more interesting! We paid $30 to come in and it was so worth it! There were people around to ask questions, and most of them were Native Americans.  They were NOT selling anything from china, and everything, like the art, the photos, toys, were made by the Native Americans.  They let it be known that they were animal friendly, which Rushmore wasn’t.  



There was so much to look at!  And the people that worked there - they were so damn proud with what was being showed, and the stories that were being told.  I didn’t get this at all at Mount Rushmore!



Click on the photos to read.


There was even writing on the hide in the above photo.


These toys and shoes were old!  And so well made!


A lot of awesome stuff!


😂Tully keeps her eyes on me… can’t lose sight of her momma!



This buffalo was huge!



The fighting horses….


And what do you know…a monument about the events of 9/11.


There was even a piece of the twin towers.


First memorial I have seen, and it is almost Sept. 11.



Like I said, Crazy Horse was the best.  The people were so helpful, there was so much to see and I would have paid more to see what I saw.  The guy that we bought our ticket from was NOT a machine, he explained certain things to us, and you could tell that he loved his job.  That right there made the whole visit enjoyable!


God Bless America!




No comments:

Post a Comment