Saturday, January 1, 2022

Happy New Year !!!


Happy new year!!  Today is the day that you are supposed to eat black-eye peas.  For good luck.  I got the peas out last night to soak.


Around 9 this morning, I stuck the peas in with some smoked pork neck bones and put them on to cook.  I always use my slow cooker....one of the last gifts my dad gave me before he passed away.  So, about the mid 1990's is how old the cooker is.  One of the best that I have ever owned.  It is the kind where the pot sits on the hot plate.  I have always used it and it still works as if it is brand new.




The peas cooked all morning and into the afternoon.  They turned out pretty good.  I should have made some cornbread but who in the heck wants to cook in this hot humid area?  But, guess what?  Look at what is coming at 3 tomorrow morning!!!!





We have a freeze warning!!!  Woohoo!  Those black eye peas work pretty fast!  We are pretty excited about this!  Finally!  We will be able to breathe!!!  And without sweating! Maybe I will be able to use our fireplace in the morning!  Oh the things we love and hate!  Let me tell you though< we have no snows!!!  We don't want that stuff around here.  Some friends told us that it was snowing in Lubbock, Tx!  Keep it over there!  Just give me the freezing air!  (Not the freezing water!)



No comments:

Post a Comment