Friday, October 7, 2022

Welcome To Georgia and South Carolina!

 

What a ride it has been! Zipping through states like they’re going out of style!  No wonder we are so tired! 😁


We were on the road by 8:30, hoping we would miss rush hour in Atlanta.  See how big that city is in the above photo?  We were kind of leery driving right through the big city, and there is a highway that goes around the city.  We learned last week that there was major construction happening on the freeway that went around Atlanta, so we gritted our teeth and plowed through the middle.


Yes, lots of traffic and it is rush hour all day in Atlanta.  The lanes are not wide at all!  When you have someone texting, driving the car next to you, I had to grit my teeth a couple of times.  Come on people!!! Get off your phones!




But it soon thinned out and it didn’t put us behind at all.  In fact, we are another friccken hour ahead AGAIN!  So, for the folks back in the west, remember, we are now 3 hours ahead.  I will have to say that there is a pro to this time change…I’m now in the same time zone as Angela! (My daughter who we will get to see next week, along with her family.  I’m so dang excited!)



Alright, back to our travels!  Welcome to South Carolina!  These are all new states for me.  I can’t use the Georgia sticker though on my map because we only drove through.



As soon as we crossed over to South Carolina, we had to make a pit stop.



We are on our way to Spartanburg, and, I’m am NOT lying about this!  We had to pass a town called Sugar Tit!  No lie!




Sugar Tit is a very old town and my guess is that it is full of men living there.  Men love that word.  Even Road Hog laughed when I said the name.  I bet men live there just so they could tell other people where they live.  Yes, I live over in Sugar Tit.  (Giggle, giggle).



Here is our set up.  We are at Cunningham RV Park which is very nice.




My little Tully.  She has a cute little baby face and she is eight!


We are getting bombarded with stink bugs! Eww!  They are everywhere!!



We took Tully on her walky walk.  There are lots of different smells for her.  So, not much walking, but a lot of sniffing!


The moon out our door.  


Here is where we have been since August.  It has taken us 2 months to get here, well, when leave for North Carolina on Monday.  17 campsites! When we get to North Carolina on Monday, we have a 2 week stay! I’m so looking forward to relax a bit, go out and eat, see the Atlantic Ocean!  Click on the map to make it bigger.  

What a ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment