Sunday, October 2, 2022

On To Tishomingo, Mississippi Tomorrow

 

We have been having such nice weather! In the mid 70’s and mid 40’s at night.  Road Hog was able to wash our home yesterday.  We had so many bugs on the front, from driving all those back roads.

Make sure you have your sound turned up for this.  This guy was right outside our door and serenaded us all day every day.  I think it is a katydid but I’m not positive.


We went off exploring yesterday and passed the Kentucky dam.



Work was being done on expanding the locks.


We ended up at a place called Patti’s 1880 Settlement.  Lots of little shops, and I thought they were a little pricey.


There were restaurants, mini golf and beautiful gardens.


For a good time, open the door.  Only $2!!  Since I was already having a good (free) time, I didn’t open the door.  It kind of reminded me of an outhouse, so I passed. 😁


We were outside talking with friends and looked over at our door.  Lucy and Ethel.  



We took Tully out for her walk.  The lake on the left is a private lake, and the lake on the right is for the RV park.  The lake on the left is 20 acres and is for sale.  It comes with a log cabin house, a log cabin guest house and about 23 acres total.  If you have 1.2 million, it could be yours.  

This area is beautiful! It is so nice and quiet, and we have met so many friends!  If this place didn’t get snow during the winter, I would definitely think about moving here.  And even though it is beautiful here, it’s the people that make you want to stay.  We will be back!

Tomorrow, it is on to Tishomingo to the Tiffin shop.  I will keep you up to date!













No comments:

Post a Comment