Monday, October 17, 2022

New Friends!

 

On Sunday we went to see Murphy play soccer.  He has some moves!  How can these kids play when it is over 80 degrees?  I don’t know how many fields there were, (many!) and there were hundreds of kids.  They all were enjoying themselves running and kicking the ball.



Today, I had walked in the bathroom to get some aspirin out of the medicine cabinet.  As I was opening it, I saw the shower curtain behind me in the mirror.  And something on the other side of the shower curtain. (Click on the photo to see what I saw!)



Eww!  Ok, I now have a dilemma.  I’m home by myself. Well, I’m with the cats and Tully.  And from looking at what is on my shower curtain, I’m in a whole lot of trouble if it’s a spider.  I can deal with it if it’s a stink bug.  I went to get the fly swatter because there was no way I was using just my hand to get whatever it is off my shower curtain.  I also grabbed a stool since I’m not the tallest person around.  The bug was running, yes, running up the shower curtain.  It had lots of legs to move that fast!  I took the fly swatter and hit the shower curtain a couple of times, hoping that it would fall in the shower.  That didn’t happen. It was totally gone.  So I got up on the stool to look where I have my little birdies and one bird had more then their share of legs.  I took the fly swatter to it and here is what I found…




I will take stink bugs over spiders any day!  I got him, the granddaddy of all stink bugs, on my fly swatter and flipped him outside.  Eww!  What is up with these bugs?




Look who stopped by today!  I didn’t get the name of these girls but wow, they are beautiful!  And such gorgeous blue eyes! They were rescued by Jim, and they love everyone! 



Here is another girl, Katie, who was also rescued.  She has gone through so much, including having her eyes removed.  For going through what she has gone through, she was also so loving.  Jim owns all three pups and you can tell that these dogs are just so happy to be rescued and to be loved.

We are in a middle of a thunderstorm, with lots of rain.  After today, a cold front is coming through, with the lows of 29 degrees.  Oh darn! Maybe it will freeze all the bugs!



No comments:

Post a Comment