Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Mebane, (Muh bin) North Carolina!

 

We made it to North Carolina.  We left about 9:30 am and had mostly freeway driving.  You would think freeway driving would be a breeze…it’s not, and wasn’t!

Sometimes we were stuck between a truck and a cement barrier!  Look how skinny those lanes are!


But after the barriers it was smooth sailing.  Well, until you come to a bridge, then it wasn’t as smooth.  These roads have a lot to be desired, that’s for dang sure!

Sometimes we were rolling with the big rigs…



This isn’t my photo but I saw my first groundhog!  Look how cute this guy is! Yes, I know they do a lot of damage to yards and buildings, but since I don’t own neither, they are cute little furry animals.  The groundhog was running (if you call it that), behind some houses, at the edge of their back yards.  I knew it wasn’t a cat just from the way it was running.  So I looked it up and groundhog popped up.  Isn’t he cute?




We are staying at Jones Station RV Park.  We have never been here, but so far this is our favorite park! We love it here! No noise whatsoever, except the little birdies that are singing.  No traffic, railroads or airplanes!  And lots of room!  I have my bird feeders out and my little water fountain.  We are on a two week vacation!  😂


The lots are level, and even though there are lots of trees, we have northern exposure for starlink, and southern exposure for our dish satellite.  The trees are between sites so you don’t even see your neighbors.  But because most of us travel with animals, we have met the most nicest people.


Angela, Ly and Murphy live about 26 miles from where we are, in a town called Durham.  She is making dinner for us tonight so we will be heading over there at about 2:30.  

The temps here are great! No need for the air conditioners and the fireplace is on first thing in the morning to take the chill off.  We are supposed to have thunderstorms on Thursday, otherwise no rain in the forecast.  I will try to keep everyone up to date on our happenings!


No comments:

Post a Comment