Friday, March 3, 2023

Casa Grande, Arizona

 

The day before we moved on, this little guy was hanging around.  Can you guess who was so interested in this little guy?



Yep, it was Lucy.  Any time that little lizard moved, Lucy’s eyes followed it.  



Here is our sunrise Wednesday morning when we left. We had gotten a winter storm warning for Bowie, so we had to leave. We also got a high wind warning for Casa Grande, but that wasn’t going to start until about 3 pm. So we had plenty of time in the window to get packed up and get on the road.



No, we didn’t stop at exit 322 to see the thing. I’ve seen enough things in my lifetime, I don’t want to see another!


God Bless America!




This is hard to see but if you look real close right below those mountains, there is what is called the bone yard. Where airplanes go to die. There were lots and lots of planes there. It is called the marana bone yard and there is currently over 3,000 planes there either for scrap, or just out of commission because of covid.



Can you see what I see up in the sky?


I think I got pretty lucky in getting a photo before you know who could shoot it down!




We had to go to a feed store this morning to pick up some cat food and both me and Tully heard little peeps. I think I could have walked out of there with all of those little peeps. One day…




We’ve been taking Tully on her walky walks around the huge campground resort, and there are over 750 sites. Most are park models like you see in the photo, but there are also a lot of trailers. Everyone drives a golf cart, and most of the dogs are small. And everyone is so old! There are tennis courts, golfing greens and pool. It’s so busy with so many old people!





Now I don’t have anything against old people, I mean look at Road Hog. These people are a lot older than Road Hog, but it’s just that there are so many! I could never live in a place like this full time. These old people have so much energy that I get tired just watching them…playing tennis, jogging or whatever they’re doing! I need a nap!



No comments:

Post a Comment