Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Happy Anniversary!!

 

It has been a while!  Even though we are retired, we are busy! People to see, things to buy, tires to be rotated!

Here is Tully in the above photo visiting the dog park here at Lightning Ranch.




The weather has been great, up in the mid 70’s.  Flowers and roses are still blooming in December.  Mind you, we have chilly weather coming the next five days.



We were supposed to get some stormy weather, but I think San Antonio got the storms and we ended up with some winds.



I love Texas sunsets!
It was our 18 month anniversary 3 days ago being on the road.  What fun we have had!  Our good days out weigh the bad days for sure.  We’ve had our share of bumps in the road, but not enough to hang up the keys…yet.  I think the worst times are ones that involve pets.  Why can’t people take care of their pets?  I have met so many people, and their dogs and cats, and you can tell that most of these pets are treated like they are members of the family.  Guess who we can see from our living room and kitchen windows?  One of our neighbors who leaves his dog tied up all day, without any water, in this Texas heat.  Rules says that your pets cannot be left alone.  But yet this guy goes into his trailer and comes out every once in a while. One day the dog was digging, and the guy comes running out with a belt in his hand, yelling at the dog that he has a camera on him watching him dig that hole.  Road Hog and I saw him beat the dog and that poor thing couldn’t go but as far as his chain would take him. Road Hog immediately jumped in the truck to go talk to the hosts that were working that day.  Word got to the main hosts and to the owners of the park.  The guy was talked to, saying that they had more than one complaint about him and his dog.  They were ordered to move.  This guy has been here 3 years, and to say he and his wife were pissed is a understatement.  They were livid! They wanted to confront us but the hosts didn’t let on who complained.  I heard the guy yelling at the hosts, about why couldn’t people mind their own business.  He is a big bully.  So, this is what we had to deal with shortly after arriving.  I get so mad at people who hurt animals.  I feel like getting a belt and giving him a what for, but I won’t.  It’s a sad state of affairs, and I wish I could save all of these poor animals.  But if I can’t have them, I will gladly be their voice if they are being mistreated.  It doesn’t happen a lot.  Most of the people that we meet, their animals are right there with them to be introduced to me, Road Hog and Tully.  And how we all have that one thing in common, our love for our pets. 






No comments:

Post a Comment