Friday, December 23, 2022

Brrrr……!

 

It was Lucy’s turn to enjoy her present.  She didn’t do much, but then again I didn’t freshen it up with catnip.



And it looks like Ethel took care of all the catnip.  



My little Tully bug.  She isn’t too fond of the cold weather.  Her walky walks aren’t very long! She gets the chihuahua shakes right away, no matter what she is wearing.



We had a high of 33 today!  But let me tell you, it got down to 13 degrees last night.  We would have been fine, except the power went out at 2:30 am!  Not just us but to thousands of people here in this county. In fact, a lot of people lost power all over.  So, what froze? Our heated hose froze.  Power didn’t come back on until about noon, but since we have solar, we still were able to function.  We turned the water off outside, we have a full fresh tank, and so really, water isn’t a problem.  We have the tank heaters on, and no problems when we emptied the gray tank.  So I think we had enough battery power to keep everything in working order.  Well, except for the heated hose.  We have our regular hose in the basement which is heated, so we will use that to fill up tomorrow.  We will be in cold weather until next Wednesday, then it starts moving up to the 70’s!  So far, we have had no problems with condensation, and we have double pane windows to thank for that. All in all, I think we did pretty good!  I hope everyone is staying warm! Gene, I hope you have the wood stove blasting out the heat! I kind of wish I was sitting in front of it right now, but our electric fireplace is putting out some heat too! 



No comments:

Post a Comment