Saturday, November 26, 2022

Texas Snow!

 

Yes, it has been awhile since I have updated.  Yes, we made it to Odessa, and yes, we have been visiting my aunt and cousins.  

This is our setup at Mesquite Oasis RV Park.  There is an area for the work camp, and then areas for families.  Work camps are mostly for guys that work out in the oil fields.  


So, being out here in the oil fields has one huge drawback.  Well, it’s a drawback for Road Hog and I.  If the wind is just right, it smells like we are camping in the middle of the oil fields.  And Ok, we are in the middle of the oil fields, but still!  I guess there is another drawback, and that is there are thousands of goat-heads!  The other name for them is Puncture Vine.  And poor Tully!  These goat heads stick everywhere! Do you know how painful it is when a little dog has to squat to pee?  Poor thing! Mostly she holds it until we get to Aunt Jackie’s house because her yard doesn’t have any goat heads.



God’s Country.  I’m not sure if this is a new RV park, or an old one, but it isn’t open.  God’s Country reminds me of when I used to visit my aunt and uncle in Texas and my Uncle Mo used to always tell me that I was now in God’s Country.  We would argue back and forth about where God’s Country really is.  I always thought that God’s Country was where I lived at the time, Washington state.  Well, it turns out Uncle Mo was right.  Because of Washington’s governor, Washington is not God’s Country.  Uncle Mo, may he Rest In Peace, is really in God’s Country.



We have nothing but sunshine here in the lone star state.  All the animals are relaxed, and enjoying our down time.



Tully really hates the goat heads.



Can you tell the cats apart?  Ethel Louise has less than half a tail, and is carrying her holiday weight from 10 years go.  Lucy has bright green/yellow eyes and she doesn’t have to worry about her weight.  It’s kind of funny that they match our floor and rugs! 😂



We spent Thanksgiving with my relatives, and guess what happened Friday?  Yes, lots of snow.  It was a relief for Tully because she could now walk without goat heads sticking in her paws!  We weren’t too worried about the snow since it is getting up in the 50’s today.

Whose idea was it to winter in Texas?!  Hey, it isn’t 80 degrees! Summer is apparently over.   Whoohoo!

We will be here until December 2nd, then we will be moving to San Angelo, and on December 6th, it will be on to Pipe Creek, TX to relax for 3 months!  


No comments:

Post a Comment