Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Alligator Country!

 

Here we are in Monroe, Louisiana, at Ouachita RV Park.  We were on the road, leaving Mississippi, about 9:30.  Kind of warm, kind of muggy, but at least it isn’t raining!


This sign kind of reminded me of the great man Johnny Cash.  Yeah, I’m going to Jackson, look out Jackson town.


I take offense to this sign.  How did anyone even know I was going that way?


God bless America! 🇺🇸


We had to go over the mighty Mississippi.


Welcome to Louisiana!  Where the heat and humidity slaps you in the face! 85 degrees!  Yesterday the record was broke here in Monroe!  It’s still summer!



Drive like a boss!  I think every vehicle should a sign like this.  Drive like Road Hog!



Once again, we were on I-20 West.  This is the same highway we were on, in another state, when we had a blow out.  



We have had really hot, humid days, and tonight, all the windows will be closed, and the air conditioner running.  I mean, come on!  Who can sleep in 70 degree weather?  Not me!  I hear through the grapevine that the PNW is having some very cold weather.  Send some this way!



We have the sun hitting the door all day long.  And what about these ants?!  Did you know that the smaller these ants are, the bigger the bite?  Ask me how I know!  We carry DE, (diatomaceous earth, food grade), and we sprinkle it around our trailer and on the ants nests.  We used this at the farm too.  In the goat barn and in my coops.  It is excellent stuff and safe for animals.  It gets rid of all the different kinds of bugs.  


This pond/lake is beside the RV park.  They have a fence all around it because of gators.  I didn’t see any but I was told that there has been six alligators taken from around this area, but I don’t know where they were taken from.  Could be miles from here. Or it could be right over that fence.  I won’t be here long enough to find out.



I kind of imagine gators living out there.  



For dinner tonight we had shrimp tacos with homemade mango salsa.  It has been forever that we have made this.  I make extra salsa to eat with scoop chips the next day.

This is a pretty good size park.  Lots of nice people.  We are here until Thursday, then on to Tyler, Texas!


No comments:

Post a Comment