Monday, April 25, 2022

Our Views - Could They Be Any Better?


We were on the road by 8:45 am.  Easy Peasy!  Check in wasn't until 11 am and we had just over a two hour drive.  We didn't have a whole lot to pack up, and did most of it the night before.




Two minutes later, we are in California!  I hadn't realized just how close we were to California.  I wonder if that is why they call Bordertown Bordertown?




As much as I don't care for California, it sure is a pretty state.  This is also where we saw the most traffic.  




This area above was called Red Rock.  Now, I don't know how many red rocks, or what the big deal was, so we just passed on by.



Tully snoozed most of the way.  It was chilly out, about 50 degrees, but she was snug as a bug in a rug in her little soft bed and her blanket.  Ah the life of my pup!  She has really taken to the traveling life!




We passed so many area's that had a forest fire.  Thousands of acres.





I don't know a lot of these mountains names.  But man are they beautiful!  And snowy!





Welcome to Likely Place RV!  




This is our view out of the bedroom.  Can you smell the fresh cut grass?




This is our view out the living room.  A couple more trailers have come in since I have taken the photo.  We have already met some of our neighbors, and some employees.




This is the view out of our kitchen window.  Now it is story time!  See the motor home in the above photo?  4 years ago, when Road Hog and I decided to go full time, the first thing that I did was investigate all the trailers, fifth wheels and motorhomes that would best suit us.  And the second thing I did, in order to find out exactly what full time living was, I started reading blogs.  I have read so many blogs!  When I asked Road Hog yesterday where our next stop was he said Likely, CA.  My first thought was, hey I have been reading a lot about Likely!  And the motorhome out my kitchen window is the guy that blogs about his and his wife full time living in their motorhome!  And, they are in Likely, CA!

http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

 I have been reading this blog for so many years, and here they are right out my kitchen window!  They work for the park and golf course, and are off the days that we are here so no telling if we will get to meet them.  But their blog talks about their travels, and work camp.  And it was people like Clarke and Elaine that kind of pushed me out of my comfort zone, sell everything, and hit the road.  You need to read their blog.  Not only do the travel in their newell, but they tow a trailer which is Clarke's shop and it is also his garage for their bug!

What a small world!  How many times have I said this exact thing the last couple of months?



No comments:

Post a Comment