Thursday, February 3, 2022

Winter in Tyler !

 


We woke up this morning to 43 degrees.  It wasn't but a couple of hours later it was 28 degrees and ice falling from out of the sky.  No snow, but ice.  We are warm inside at 67 degrees, the fireplace is on, and an extra heater going to save on some propane.  All of our tanks are full and we were ready for the winter storm.





The storm came on the door side of the trailer, so the whole side of the trailer was covered in ice.  Mind you, that isn't snow on the steps.  It is ice.  Icicles are hanging from the bottom of the trailer.  I think we will stay home today.



The cold storm gave me reason to slow cook a 15 bean soup.  Not that there were only 15 beans, but 15 different beans.  I also threw in some smoked turkey legs.




Here is Road Hog finishing my turkey leg.  I guess I never noticed his little pinky finger before.  I know you have to stick your pinky out when you have a cup of tea, but a smoked turkey leg?  😂😂



No comments:

Post a Comment