Sunday, February 20, 2022

I Am An Old-Fashion, Honest-To-Goodness, Flag-Waving Patriot - John Wayne

 


I'm kind of behind!  So much is happening and I am just too tired at night to update!  ๐Ÿ˜€ That's my story and I am sticking to it!

Up above is a herd of deer.  I was pretty far away when I took the photo, and you can tell because the deer was busy chowing down and didn't even know I was around.




Here is the feed stand, and our trailer is way over there.  So I was a long way away!  There were baby deer running and jumping, and there were some big daddy's and momma's!  These Texas deer are huge!




We made a trip to the other side of San Antonio to camping world.  I tell you, I get stopped all the time because of Tully.  One man stopped me at the entrance and wanted to show me a picture of his little dog, and he had to go searching for it on his phone!  ๐Ÿ˜‚. I think it is so funny because I am there for one thing and that is to shop! I can't even tell you how many times I was stopped today.  Little kids and adults asking if they could pet her.  I really don't mind, and Tully is pretty used to it.  Normally I wouldn't take her in a store but Camping World is animal friendly and they love theirs and everyone's animals!




After shopping, what should we do on the way home?  Hey, how about the Alamo?




This is a statue at the entrance of the church.




This is what I remember from all the shoot 'em up movies with my dad, all the movies that I watched with John Wayne as the main cowboy, and all the Louis L'amour cowboy books I have read.  Just being this close to this church was amazing.  One of the best days of my life!  We will go back since I forgot all about the river walk! ๐Ÿ˜‚  The history was all over down town San Antonio.  




This is where the Alamo canyons used to be.  I need to get my metal detector over here!  If you get a call from me, please answer!  I might be needing bail money!!




After all the walking, we decided to try WTF Barbecue.  You might be asking what WTF means....(no, not that!). It means Whiskey Tango Foxtrot BBQ!  Since it is right down the road from where we live, we dropped Tully off at home, and went to have dinner.




There is the pit room.  It is full of pits for smoking.  Lots of pits.  Lots of meat.  Lots of smells.




Here is our dinner.  Ribs, brisket, turkey, Mac and cheese, corn, corn casserole, green beans and pickles.  I passed on desert, which is what Texas usually serves....banana pudding.  Yum!  I'll try it one day!  When I have room in my stomach!




This is what we picked up at Camping World.  It is to monitor your propane levels.  Up until today, we monitored it the normal way...Road Hog goes out and opens up the cabinet and wiggles the tank back and forth to see how much propane we have left.  With this, you stick the monitor on the bottom of each propane tank, download the app, and it will tell you how much propane you have left with bluetooth.






One came up empty, and one didn't.  So no more going outside to wiggle the tanks.  I will just look on my phone and see how we are doing.  Boy! This camping business is such hard work!  ๐Ÿ˜. Dwayne, this might be a good investment for you and Terri.  You get two monitors in one package and it is about 99 bucks.  I know you probably make Terri go outside to wiggle the tanks, so you might want to gift her these!  (You're welcome Terri!)

No comments:

Post a Comment