Sunday, July 10, 2022

Moving Day!

 


We moved on today, back to La Conner Marina.  The bunny came out to say thanks for all the goodies that I left for her, the squirrel, and the little birdies.  I’m getting used to these 20 mile drives !!  And the cats love the short travel days!



We were famished after our big move and decided to go for teriyaki for dinner.  They were closed but look what we found!  Dad’s Diner to Go Go!  It’s a barbecue place that has a huge barbecue next to the little building.  We got to talking with the owner and come to find out he grew up in Livingston, Texas!  (That is where our mail box is!). Small world!  And the people that deal with our mail in Livingston?  He is friends with those people!  (Escapees!) 



We ended up getting a side of Mac and cheese, coleslaw, and a rack of ribs.  We took it home to eat in the air conditioning fifth wheel!



This barbecue is probably in my top 3.  The sauce is to die for, and the mac and cheese was excellent!  The meat was falling off the bones.  Now, this was only a small food truck with a barbecue smoking (with wood!) next to it.  But I’m telling ya, if you visit Anacortes, go get some brisket or ribs!  Tell him his friends from Livingston sent you!




After our move, Lucy found one of Ethel’s beds and decided she liked it!  Now if you know Lucy, she is pretty picky about where she sleeps.  This is good news.  Now maybe she will stay out of the bedroom!  Silly kitty!




We stopped by a little fruit stand and found fresh apricots!  I love apricots, especially fresh ones!  Let me tell you a little story.  I don’t ever remember eating an apricot until I was 7 years old.  I went to live with my aunt and uncle and cousins in Texas.  They had an apricot tree in the back yard.  I remember my aunt picking one and giving it to me and I can taste that apricot today.  It was the best thing I had ever tasted, and to this day, I try to find the same tasting apricots.  You buy them from stores, but they’re pretty tasteless.  I have the best luck buying them fresh from the fruit stands.  As soon as I walked up and saw those apricots, the dude grabbed one and cut it in half and gave me half to taste.  There I was, 7 years old again, biting into my first apricot.  Isn’t it funny the things you remember?  



No comments:

Post a Comment