Sunday, May 1, 2022

What A Weekend!!!!



Portland is busy!  I don't think I have ever seen so much traffic!  I could do without all the Oregon drivers!  And all the sirens!  Our park is pretty much away from all the traffic, it is like we are in our little world here.  But to leave to go anywhere?  We took a drive up to Willamette National Cemetery.



Look at the beautiful drive up to my dad's.  I have missed him so much!  He passed away Sept. 1997 and there still isn't a day that I don't think of him.  He was both a mom and dad to me and my siblings, and according
to some relatives, and us, he did a pretty phenomenal job.  One of my last conversations with him was who will I go to if I had any questions that I needed answered.  He said, like what kind of questions?  I told him about the huge cement walls that separated the highway and the houses.  You know, those big walls?  And once in a while there would be door?  Who had the keys to those doors?  And why are the doors even there?  He told me that the department of transportation would have the keys, and the doors are fire doors.  If there was a car fire on the freeway, a water hose could come through those doors to help fight the fire.  I said to him, see Dad, you can't die.  You're giving me good information, and I am not done asking questions.  It wasn't too long after this conversation that he passed away.  But not before telling me that he wanted to be buried with his son Wayne.  



So my dad is buried near his son, my older brother Wayne, who passed away when he was 2, and he is my brothers identical twin.  I know my dad had a hard time when he lost his little boy.  A death like that affects a person.  Thank goodness I haven't gone through that and I hope I never will.  A parent isn't supposed to bury their child.

I'll be back dad.  You would be proud of the legacy that you have left behind.  All your grandkids and great grandkids will always be a part of you and your sense of humor is all around us!




Now on to another awesome day!  The park that we are in is right next to the Tualatin River.  It was a gorgeous day today!



We have end spot which is nice because then Tully has a large grassy area.



I'm not sure if you can see Road Hog but he is standing with another man at the end of our truck.  I think Road Hog knows everyone here at the park now.  I think I should change his name from Road Hog to Chatty Cathy.  😂


Lucy and Ethel sitting in their favorite spot.




And now for the best thing ever that happened this weekend.  Grandkids!!!  Their mom surprised them by saying that they were going shopping at Costco and let's bring your bikes just in case we find a place to ride.




Both kids were so surprised to see us!  And we were so surprised to how big they have grown!  




And they were so surprised that their papa and grammy were here!  We have missed these kids so much!  Owen will be 7 towards the end of this month, and Addy will be 10 in Sept.  We barbecued burgers and the kids got to ride their bikes around the park.  I think they will sleep good tonight.  We will visit them on Wednesday at their house before we have to leave the park on Friday.  But they have property in Sun River which they invited us to use, so we will see them in the late summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment